Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Edmodo Gradebook!

New discovery...The Edmodo Gradebook feature on Edmodo!
I used to grade papers, keep them in a stack, set them next to the computer in my classroom, and slowly record the grades from each paper into an old computer program. So, basically I looked at each paper twice, which is fine, unless you do the math, and multiply how many minutes that took to do twice.
Now I have the gradebook on the go, using the Edmodo gradebook, that I have with me on my iPad. As I grade papers I enter them immediately into the gradebook. Although I made a seperate page on Edmodo for each subject, so that each set of grades is separated, and because I'm teaching two different sets of students (4th and 5th graders), the convenience of using the feature, outweighs having to switch pages on Edmodo to do so (which is easy). Students can see results of their work, by seeing the gradebook too. 
My idea of sharing lesson plans with students, so they can see our plan for the week, on PlanBook.com, has worked out very well, so I'm extending that concept by showing their grades as they do the work. It's an exciting time in education, and the technology piece is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment