Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Letting the Technology Help with Parent Conferences

It is Parent Conference week at my school, and I'm running my meetings differently this year with the parents of my students. First I project the Edmodo grades from my laptop to the overhead projector, pointing out the ways that some grades were recorded and interpreted in each subject, determining report card grades. Next I show the Showbie app on my iPad, with the turned in assignments, and my written and voice message attached comments for each assignment. Then I show student made educreations videos called, "What I've Learned So Far This Year" that showcase the different subject areas covered in class. Student summaries of academics and preferences are noted in the movies they've made. 
Parents ask questions, and analysis ensues, and in several cases there are words of thanks and hugs. I say, let the tech help you along with your conferences!



No comments:

Post a Comment