Monday, September 7, 2015

Keeping My Ears Open!

I'm so excited to start another school year of teaching! The BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) thing is awesome! I'm in my third year as a BYOD 1:1 iPad 4th and 5th Grade Combo Teacher, although it's year number 29 in the grand total. Too bad I didn't fit that on my t-shirt!
I'm eager to listen to students as they bring in their enthusiasm and knowledge of new apps and features for using iPads in the classroom. On the first day of school one of my returning fifth graders asked if he could share and teach about the apps we utilized last year that we will be using, and I agreed. It was a beautiful thing to see him presenting and teaching the information to the new students! 
Then another student shared an app called Shou for filming what is on your screen as you are talking. I haven't tried it yet, but the ideas just keep rolling in from the students, and I'm keeping my ears open!

No comments:

Post a Comment