Thursday, August 4, 2016

My EDMODOCON 2016 Summary iMovie

Well, I did it. I condensed a nine hour EDMODOCON webinar into a movie that is a bit over 14 minutes long. Every year I learn something new watching EDMODOCON, and this year I was fascinated by ways that global internet connections are being, or will be, delivered to remote locations (by drones and air balloons). The global connections of teachers with their students connecting from around the world, was inspiring and amazing. Challenge Based Learning projects and higher level creative activities, and debating historical character responses, and collecting and analyzing formal and informal assessments, all were ideas I took away from the webinar. I revisited the flipped classroom idea. The panel of four teachers who have used Edmodo to connect with at-risk youth, with incredibly positive outcomes for their students, has reinforced the community and close knit feeling that my class has had in the past, when sharing their school year together communicating on our class Edmodo page. I applaud that panel for their efforts in helping their students emotionally as well as academically. I thought it was interesting hearing that creativity and chaos are the goals in an Activated classroom.
Once again, I am feeling thrilled to learn about new ways of bringing innovative ideas into the classroom!https://youtu.be/inD5WkNNurc

No comments:

Post a Comment