Monday, August 12, 2013

Blog for blog

Had a nice little surprise today when I saw that Edmodocon presenter, high school English teacher, education blogger, Kate Baker, quoted my blog on her blog.  A really cool blog entry quoting two of my blog entries about Edmodocon and the movie I made about the event, were included in her post. She made reference to me speaking at CUE in Napa in October and attached a link to my blog page. This is a first, being quoted on another blog!
   Looking at Kate's blog I am struck by the title: "Baker's B.Y.O.D.--Bring Your Own Device, Dog, & Deconstruction of Literature"...what is 'Dog' about? 
Scrolling through her amazing posts, I saw one about the PAWS (Pets Assisting Willing Students) therapy program she started at her high school.  What an amazing idea to have therapy dogs roaming the hallways of a high school, attend classes with students, and be available for a hug and a pet!  There was a real need at her school for this type of program, and the results have been tremendous.
This post showed just one facet of the creative, amazing ideas that Kate has utilized with her high school students.
The information that Kate shared as a speaker at Edmodocon last week, was innovative and informative, regarding use of technology in the classroom.  I'm sold, and will follow her blog religiously! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment