Sunday, March 30, 2014

I Had Written a Science Play

My week ahead will include being observed teaching science to my fourth and fifth grade combo class, incorporating my Science Play about electricity. I have a script I wrote a few years ago, that covers the electricity content in our fourth grade text book. I copied the style of Bill Nye, the Science Guy, with expert lines, experiments, jokes, dancing and singing. Since this fourth grade play was already performed for the school this school year, students will get to review the iMovie clips, the written script, and the science textbook. Fifth graders will get to see footage from their play that was presented the year before, while reviewing electricity concepts they will be tested on for the CST Science test in May. The experiments will be revisited, and students in the BYOD classroom will be asked to research related articles and perform new experiments. Writing up the scientific method in little green experiment booklets will be part of the review.
I was asked to include the iMovie clips from the Science Play for the observation, and tying these into test prep seemed the best way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment