Sunday, March 9, 2014

Khan is more than MATH

Well, it's been a while since I've been on KhanAcademy. I had set up a class page on khan which I can say, fizzled out. Parents mentioned that it was difficult to access, so I have students who are early finishers in math class, go on KhanAcademy without signing in.  I have observed my students utilizing the computer programming and coding features on KhanAcademy.  Fascinating stuff! Today I watched Sal Khan's TED talk, and was re-inspired to get my class going on it! I sent out invites to parents again, and am hoping for a smoother start this time. As I was searching and navigating through the KhanAcademy site, I found science movies about planets and gravity. Seems like I'm just touching the iceberg of what is included! 

No comments:

Post a Comment