Thursday, June 20, 2013

Some new app discoveries today


The wheels are spinning in my brain about having a paperless classroom in the fall! Wow, so many possibilities! 
First of all I have a teacher pal who is an expert on all things iPad! She needs to have a blog and speak at the CUE conference!  This gal sends me pins she sees on Pinterest about technology and having a paperless classroom. Well, she sends me pins about teaching in general also.
(As an aside, I'm having a little trouble getting "into" Pinterest, including not quite understanding how to create and repin correctly.)
Anyway, today the Pinterest I was sent by her was titled, "103 Interesting Ways to use iPads in the classroom". Wow! I got so many ideas. The five new apps I added today are:  Sling Note, Sound Note, Voice Thread, Stick Pick, and Book Creator (book press).  The Book Press I can see using for student writing where students compile their essays in a book, and can email and even order a hard copy when finished!  Sling Note has a picture import feature, ability to handwrite and type text and email.  Sound Note I can see using to take notes during a meeting, and include a voice over with the notes!
     My goal now is to get better acquainted with Pinterest, where this one post (or is it called a pin?) had so much information!





1 comment: