Sunday, November 3, 2013

How is it going with BYOD?

I guess I'm being asked to tell another school how it's going with BYOD in the 4-5 combo classroom so far. What are the advantages and drawbacks? It took some doing, but I've written a summary to prepare what I'd say. The attached photo is just the intro of that summary. Highlights include some amazing creativity and initiative on the part of the students as a result of being able to utilize the devices and apps. A disadvantage could be that the screens can crack if you run with an iPad in your hand, and fall on the ground on top of it (on the way home from school)!
Overall, a BYOD/1:1 iPad program I'd recommend; a real way to motivate students, and an excellent tool as we switch to the common core and 21st century learning.



No comments:

Post a Comment