Friday, June 13, 2014

Formula for Implementing 1:1 BYOD

I went to a luncheon for Distinguished Schools in CA, and a speaker at the gala was Tom Torlakson, Superintendant of Public Instruction in CA. He said that within the next five years, all students in the state will have online access utilizing 1:1 devices, such as iPads and/or computers.
I just spent a year, implementing a full BYOD 1:1 iPad program in my 4th-5th grades Combo class. All assignments were given, presented, performed, and turned in online. I have documentation of student success utilizing the iPads they brought from home. I have a formula for success in carrying out a program. I'd be happy to share how. It's really the right time to completely write about what I did, and how others can strive to achieve the same. 
This is happening, and will be happening; the change in utilizing iPads and computers in our classrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment