Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Converting YouTube Videos

A sudden change for me was the realization that the 350 or so instructional videos I've made using the iMovie app and saved to YouTube on "unlisted", can not be see on student iPads (in my 1:1 iPad, BYOD 4th/5th grade classroom). I can show them in a presentation format on a projector, but students have YouTube blocked.  This new discovery has allowed me to feel a gamut of emotions, with the final one being a relaxed calm after learning how to convert the lessons to mp4 format.
Soon I'll be making a movie called "How to Convert YouTube Videos to mp4 (so that students can watch them!)" or some title like that.  I am thankful for learning how to do this, from a technology district office person, who walked me through the 12-step process by phone, as I moaned and complained. Now I sigh, knowing the movies weren't lost, and that they will be seen by my students!

No comments:

Post a Comment