Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Review videos

Next week our students will have their state tests, and all year I teach math to all the fourth graders at our school. Students rotate from class to class, and I've addressed with them the state standards in math. This year a change has been that I've also been working with students to teach them more about technology. This has made the year super fun, with all the new innovations in that arena. As it is, teaching math alone has been fun through the years.

My goal each year is that students like or love math more than when they came into 4th grade. It is so necessary in practical daily situations, for problem solving, and for higher level thinking skills. I am thrilled when girls get excited about math, and hope that after fourth grade that spark will continue. So important for our girls to develop and maintain this strength. (Boys too of course!)
All week students have been watching my review lessons, with daily attached activity sheets to go with the review videos. The students have learned so much this school year! It is more than rewarding. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment