Saturday, April 13, 2013

Still giving Kidblog a try

At the beginning of the school year, I started a Kidblog page for our whole 4th grade, at the same time I started an Edmodo page. This was encouraged and discussed at our school site technology team meeting, so I jumped right in.
Both the Edmodo page and the Kidblog page have evolved into two different purposes. Edmodo really is used by me for instructional purposes, while Kidblog is a place where students each have a page and can post their iMovies made in class, can post their writing assignments, soccer match results, and any topic they want to share. Like Edmodo all posts have to be teacher approved before they are posted.
I guess for improving the application of using the Kidblog app, I'd give assignments of what to write about. The idea of posting and sharing writing assignments is great!
Since I teach math, I'd like to add that topic with a writing component to Kidblog. Just writing this, gives me some ideas of what to assign!

No comments:

Post a Comment